Gallia County Local School District is implementing a new computerized system for the school lunchrooms called LunchBox. The LunchBox system will enable the district to better focus on child nutrition and providing healthy lunch choices for our students. LunchBox will also bring big benefits to students and parents!
GCLSD students will have a personal account that they will access when buying lunch by entering unique personal ID number of 6 digits using a PIN pad similar to ATMs at the bank. Students will be given their school lunch PIN in their classrooms. We ask parents to help their students to learn their PIN number. (Many students are already familiar with their personal ID numbers as they have been using them in some buildings to access their technology programs.) Deposits can be made to your child’s account with cash, check and once the system is in full operation, securely over the internet using E-Funds*!
Benefits for Students
1) Students can set up pre-paid lunch accounts so they do not have to carry or manage cash.
2) Change from the students purchase can be kept in the students accounts and be used to make future purchases.
3) Students can eat even if they forget their money. The terminal will accurately monitor their account so that you and the student will know exactly your account balance.
4) All students, regardless if they are paid, free or reduced progress through the line seamlessly. No one, other than the terminal operator, can distinguish between students that are free, reduced or paid! This can result in greater student self esteem!
Benefits for Parents
1) Parents do not have to search for “Lunch Money” every day
2) Parents can deposit money on their students account with cash or check
3) Parents can view account balance over Internet
4) Parents can view eating history of their child
5) Parents can set daily, weekly or monthly spending limits by dollar amount or # of items.
As we progress towards full operation of this system, the following guidelines will be implemented to help the transition move more smoothly:
· Students paying weekly or monthly will have their accounts credited automatically
· Students paying daily will have all money presented added to their balance, as making change at the terminal considerably slows the line.
o If change is needed, send a note with the student and change will be made available after the line has progressed.
*E-Funds for Schools, once fully operational, will allow parents to make prepaid deposits your children’s lunch accounts over the Internet. E-Funds for schools gives parents the flexibility to pay at anytime through the school's website using checking account or credit card payment options. More information will follow on E-Funds.
If you have any questions, please contact Mike Jacobs at (740)446-7917 or email@example.com